Electrical hazards created by rodents in Branyan
Amalgamated Pest Control Bundaberg was recently called out to help fix a rodent infestation at Branyan.
We found the rodents nesting in a large burn pile of garden debris.
Among other damage – the rodents were chewing through wires as shown in photo.
What Amalgamated Pest Control did to help…
We did a detailed site inspection to developed a tailor made rodent management program.
We recommended installing rodent stations with a visit to the site at least every month during colder months to keep activity under control. In the warmer months we recommended moving to a 3 monthly service.
This site was surrounded by bushland, so it would often have rodent problems during the rest of the year as well.
Main control strategies for Rodent Control:
- Sanitation – reducing the food and shelter available for rodent activity. This is generally best achieved by removing any rubbish and debris against building structures. Store rubbish in bins that have tight fitting lids. Clean up any spilt food (eg. grain from around bird cages). Attend to any leaking plumbing pipes. Having the property clear from rubbish or debris will help minimise the risk of a rodent infestation. Don’t leave pet food lying around in open containers;
- Rodent-proofing – alter the building structurally so that rodents cannot gain entry. For example seal up any holes with small gauge mesh and seal the bottoms of doors with automatic weather seals or weather strips. A rat can gain entry through a hole as small as 12 mm in diameter and a mouse only needs a hole no larger than 6 mm in diameter;
- Trapping – using non-chemical means such as traps to physically capture rodents;
- Chemical Control – Using a variety of different registered rodenticides including grain bait, pellets and wax blocks.
- Teamwork – Management and treatment of rodents is best achieved through a team effort between yourself and your pest management technician.
Concerned about rodent control? Call Us Today!
If you have rodent problems or would like to prevent rodents from becoming a problem at your home or business, call Amalgamated Pest Control Bundaberg – We’re always here to help you.